Surveying and Architectural Services
Why do you need a Home Survey carried out by Bowman Surveying and Design Ltd? Because forewarned is forearmed. Choosing the right survey will help highlight any serious problems and advise you of the specific risks before you commit to the process of buying or selling a property.
Bowman Surveying and Design Ltd offers two different types of survey (outlined below).
Reliable and cost effective, these reports carry the full weight of being carried out by a fully qualified member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors – the industry’s most respected authority on surveying.
Home Buyer Condition Report
- Choose this report if you’re buying or selling a conventional house, flat or bungalow built from common building materials and in reasonable condition. It focuses purely on the condition of the property by setting out the following:
• clear ‘traffic light’ ratings of the condition of different parts of the building, services, garage and outbuildings, showing problems that require varying degrees of attention;
• a summary of the risks to the condition of the building; and
• other matters including guarantees, planning and building control issues for your legal advisers.
- Formerly called a structural survey, you could choose the building survey if you’re dealing with a large, older or run-down property, a building that is unusual or altered, or if you’re planning major works. It costs more than the Home Buyer Condition Report because it gives detailed information about the structure and fabric of the property. It includes:
• a thorough inspection and detailed report on a wider range of issues;
• a description of visible defects and potential problems caused by hidden flaws;
• an outline of repair options and the likely consequences of inactivity; and
• advice for your legal advisers and details of serious risks and dangerous conditions.
Additional Surveying Services:
Specific Defect Inspections
- This type of survey and report is required when either an owner, occupier or potential property purchaser has identified a problem with a building. As the name suggests this is an inspection focusing on a single element and is intended to provide an in depth analysis of any issues identified and their likely causes. Examples of such reports would be inspections to investigate water ingress through and external element, cracking to the building fabric, or bowing of external walls etc.
Maintenance inspections and reports
- Owners of older properties may require the preparation of a schedule of maintenance. This type of inspection is similar to the Home Condition Report noted above but goes further by creating a schedule of maintenance for the fabric and finishes of the building to either restore the building to a pristine condition and maintain it at this level or to prevent further deterioration. The form and extent of the maintenance report is dependent on the client requirements and can be adjusted to give a rolling programme of maintenance actions to be carried out over any given time period
Remedial and Refurbishment Design
- Either as an action generated from an inspection or report or as a standalone commission Bowman Surveying and Design Ltd is able to create solutions tailored to the clients needs. The creation of schedules of works and specifications for remedial actions or the refurbishment of a property can be as focused or extensive as the client requires and can even be extended to the management of the repairs themselves and the associated contracts to provide a full service through to the completion.
Architectural Services: New Build Designs and Extensions
- Bowman Surveying and Design Ltd has a flexible approach and is able to undertake new build design commissions for small to large works. A full service is available spanning the whole project life-cycle beginning with initial brief and feasibility, detailed design and management of the build process to delivery of the completed building.
- Included within these services is liaison with the relevant authorities to secure any approvals necessary in terms of planning and building control.
- Bowman Surveying and Design Ltd is able to offer an end to end solution tailored to the needs to each householder. This includes initial brief and feasibility study, preparation of all planning and building controls drawings, submission of applications to the relevant authority and support for the builder when on site. We take your ideas and bring them to life.
Bowman Surveying and Design Ltd knows that building surveying and architecture is more than materials and building fabric. We work with our clients to maintain and craft memorable spaces.
Tel: 07773 089767
Covering South East Northumberland: Including Blyth, Cramlington, Morpeth, Newcastle upon Tyne and Alnwick (other areas covered on request)